It is much easier now to setup a Podcast type platform. We have a almost completely custom scenario because of the sheer volume of speakers and the desire to have full control over the content, we more like a private podcast publisher/network and many skills involved to do it like this.
This is what you can do without most of the technical skills, and will work with one or more speakers. Of course, there are pros and cons to each approach.
- *Use a platform like SoundCloud, Speaker, Libsyn
- Create a Podcast for each Speaker
- Upload content for Speaker to their Podcast
- Publish each Podcasts to the Podcast Platforms like Apple, Google and Spotify
- Perhaps create a Website where you simply then aggregate/embed the Playlists for each Speaker
- Users can then select a speaker, listen to the audio from your website or subscribe via one of the Podcasting Platforms
We don't think it is necessary anymore to build a custom Native App. Your users can simply consume the Lectures via the very popular platforms mentioned above (4).
In general you will need to research and learn about Podcasting e.g. Audio Qualities and many other concepts to produce good quality material and guide/advise speakers. Excellent place to start, https://theaudacitytopodcast.com/
*We are not affiliated by any of these platforms, merely examples.
- Open an account with Castos or anything similar turnkey solution, then add all the speakers on that platform. Anybody with basic computer skills can add content on their.
- Then, integrate this into Apple. Google and Spotify Podcasts. (some of them have automatic integration)
- You then setup a website with links to each speakers podcast links.
That's it. No once off and on-going development costs.
We hope this helps.